Functional Training Sessions at EMS Fitness
Build strength, flexibility and balance with EMS
Functional training is a holistic, whole body programme of exercises, with focus on building strength and flexibility using compound lifts, stretching and whole-body movements. Like all our other programmes, our functional training sessions will be tailored to your needs and preferences. These sessions could focus on injury training, building whole body strength in a balanced way, or simply on making your body more powerful and giving you far more energy each day.
Key Benefits of our Functional Training Programme:
- Improve your overall balance, co-ordination and fitness
- Increase your body strength – be better equipped for day-to-day life
- Raise your stamina and energy levels – jump out of bed in the morning
- Helps prevent sports injuries by developing muscle around your joints
- Reduce your stress levels and gain mental focus and clarity
- Body weight exercises like push-ups, plank holds and sit ups
- Compound movements like deadlifts and squats
- Whole body exercises like kettlebell swings, burpees and slam balls
- Introduce elements from boxing, and use of cardio machines like rower and ski ERG
Functional Training Facts:
Functional training emphasises core strength and stability. We recommend complementary activities like yoga, stretching and balance work. Check out our functional stretching class.
Functional training is all about whatever function you’re looking to improve. Whatever your goal, whether it’s improving your balance, flexibility, or simply getting more energy because your work is very sedentary – our functional training programme will be tailored to you.
Functional training is for everyone. Because it’s based around your own functional needs, functional training is suitable for everybody. It can be great for weight loss, building strength, or just gaining fitness.
Feedback From Our Happy Clients:
“I am SO glad I signed up to EMS fitness. I’ve never really enjoyed exercise by training with Bea has given me my confidence back and I really look forward to our sessions. Great communication, great support and really worth the money!!”
“I’ve been lucky enough to train at different times with Xavi, Bea, George and Sarah, doing EMS sessions, functional PT and boot camps. They’re all fantastic trainers – they really know their stuff and have used their expertise and experience to help me achieve my goals. EMS Fitness has such a nice atmosphere – everyone’s welcome and it’s a really fun, motivating place to be. I couldn’t recommend it highly enough!”
“The EMS team are great and super supportive. They have helped me create a nutritional and training plan for my goals and are always there for support. I would highly recommend for anyone with any kind of fitness goals. The team are diverse and well trained. Glad I found them :)”